If you are like most home buyers or property investors, who are looking for the right real estate company and or agent to go through, then we are sure that you’ve probably wondered to yourself: Who buys our homes, or who do we cater to specifically? Our clients vary from the Generation Y looking to purchase a first home to the Baby Boomer looking to purchase a multi-generational home for adult children and their parents.
- comprises the largest share of home buyers at 32 percent, which is larger than all Baby Boomers combined.
- has the largest share of first-time buyers at 68 percent. The share of first-time buyers declines as age increases.
- Thirty-nine percent of Gen Y buyers primarily purchased a home just for the desire to own a home of their own.
- makes up 27 percent of recent buyers and the Silent Generation has the smallest share of home buyers at 10 percent.
- places a high importance on owning a home of their own, but many needed to move for a change in a family situation or a job-related relocation.
- multi-generational homes are most prevalent among Younger Boomers aged 50 to 59, at 21 percent.
- are likely to move for a job-related relocation and to downsize.
- more likely to move for retirement, the desire to be closer to friends, family, and relatives, and the desire for a smaller home.
Pollock & Company offers clients individualized and personalized attention. Our agents work with all types of buyers, from single family homes to acreage properties to condos in the city.